Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow Non-Stop Fashion

Saturday 12 June 2010

It's been a while

I must apologise for not posting in a while, however I intend to get back to regular updates from now on.

I don't know about you guys but everyone who knows me knows I am totally and utterly addicted to the TV phenominom that is 'Gossip Girl'. It is no secret that the fashion on the show is amazing, however recently I have noticed that many of the characters' personal styles are influencing fashion at the moment as an entity!

It is amazing to think that one programme can have so much impact on a whole industry, and therefore influencing the way people dress who may not even watch the show (Shocking that some people don't, but yes it's true! I know people who aren't aware of 'Little J','Lonely Boy' or the concept of '..Because I'm Chuck Bass!')So again, apologies to those of you reading this who have no idea what I am talking about!

But anyway, I digress, back to the matter in hand. Miss Selfridge has recently added a new collection to their SS10 range, completely dedicated to the styles of Gossip Girl. So you can now recreate the looks of your favourite characters, at a fraction of the cost.

http://www.missselfridge.com/gossip-girl-home/

I am in love with this lace prom dress, in the style of Jenny:



similar to a dress she wore in season 2, at 'that' fashion show:



Also, I have recently taken a liking to leather 'biker style' jackets and gilets, and have noticed I am not the only one! They have now become the must-have staple items that everyone has to own, I can't help but think whether this too has sourced from a GG influence. With 'Little J' and Taylor Momsem who plays her, having a symbiotic grunge-rock style, she has often been quoted as saying she couldn't live without her leather jackets. What's more, as the new face of UK fashion chain New Look, the 16year old is becoming a more prominant force in the fashion industry, with people sitting up and taking notice of her unique 'trend-setting' look.

Join the fashion revolution, and bag yourself a jacket that doesn't come in wrong at any time of the year. A favourite of mine is this biker jacket from New Look:

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate and look forward to every one of your comments, and will always visit your blog in return.

Why not follow me, and keep up to date with Non-Stop Fashion posts? x